If I could have my wishes,
If wishes did come true;
I would wish for happiness,
And a long full life for you.
I would wish for laughter,
And fill your life with song;
Then ask for peace and joy and love,
To follow you all day long.
Then I would ask for peaceful rest,
To visit you at night;
And that your every morning,
Dawn shimmering and bright.
I would ask for nothing,
To give back to myself;
As long as you are happy,
I want for nothing else.
For just to see contentment,
On your face and know you're fine;
Would truly satisfy me,
And bring joy to this heart of mine.
If I could have my wishes,
If wishes did come true;
I'd wish for the sun and the moon and the stars,
And I'd give them all to you.
- Mohammad Rizwan Afzal
If wishes did come true;
I would wish for happiness,
And a long full life for you.
I would wish for laughter,
And fill your life with song;
Then ask for peace and joy and love,
To follow you all day long.
Then I would ask for peaceful rest,
To visit you at night;
And that your every morning,
Dawn shimmering and bright.
I would ask for nothing,
To give back to myself;
As long as you are happy,
I want for nothing else.
For just to see contentment,
On your face and know you're fine;
Would truly satisfy me,
And bring joy to this heart of mine.
If I could have my wishes,
If wishes did come true;
I'd wish for the sun and the moon and the stars,
And I'd give them all to you.
- Mohammad Rizwan Afzal
Dennis-
I love, love, love you! You are so amazing! Your resilience during this time will never be forgotten. You are a hero.
6 comments:
what a great poem. perfect
I was just about to write the same as last poster, what a great poem!
He has amazed me too! I don't think anyone would expect less from him. He is just a fighter.
He defines true compassion. Even at a time like this, he thinks of others. That's why he's a hero in so many people's lives.
Kelli
i love love love this poem.
it really touched me.
Jeannie what a beautiful poem! I hate that Dennis, his family and the whole Rich family is having to through this.
Dennis is a special person and you never know when a miracle may happen. Know that the love your family has for each other is a miracle and a source of strength for Dennis and his family. I wish good health and happiness to all of the Rich Clan, no need to wish you love you all already have it!!
My prayers are with you all! Keep hanging in there together!
God Bless!
Annmarie
Jeannie...this poem brought tears to my eyes it is so beautiful!!
-Lisa
Post a Comment