That's right. I was inspired after reading Katie's 'Love Thursdays,' that I decided to come up with a day of my own. If you know me well, you know that I love to cook (and I have to keep up with Nana Marie's gourmet skills in the kitchen!) Normally, when I am home for the day with the girls, I will jump online while they're eating breakfast and start searching recipes. My favorite site is Epicurious.com. All of my staple recipes have come from that site. Allrecipes.com is great too! I hope to post only recipes I have tried before because my whole point, really, is to pass along some of my favorites. This first post is different in two ways. One, I have yet to try this recipe. Two, it is a dessert - which is baking, not cooking. I should also divulge that I really dislike baking. So you won't see too many of those recipes here. This week's recipe is Banana Sour Cream Cake and I chose it because I'm bringing it to Nana Marie's house for Thanksgiving. I'll keep you posted on how it turns out! PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 13x9-inch baking pan; set aside. Beat cake mix, eggs, bananas, sour cream and oil in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, stopping frequently to scrape bottom and side of bowl. Beat on medium speed 2 min. Pour into prepared pan. BAKE 35 min. or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. BEAT cream cheese and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition. REMOVE cake from pan; cut crosswise in half. Place one cake half, top-side down, on large serving plate; spread top with frosting. Top with remaining cake half, top side up. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Carefully press walnuts into frosting on sides of cake. Store in refrigerator.
Happy Halloween
9 years ago
7 comments:
Yummmmmmm.
ok so we're not getting any???????????????????
How was it?????
Do tell...
Excellent! I was a little nervous to share it on Thanksgiving but it was great. I'll make it again and again. It was very easy too! Auntie Katie tried a leftover slice and she loved it.
Jeannie
Share the wealth! Looks so good!
I look forward to some good recipes!
Amen!
The cake was delicious!! Jeannie did a great job and it looked just like the picture (for a short time, till people kept slicing off more slices)! Thanks for bringing it.
Annmarie
Post a Comment