I think my sisters will appreciate the title of this blog. Despite the fact that people say they'll never be like their parents, I found myself singing that song the night before they began school. Wednesday was the girls' first day of school. I was a nervous wreck because they wouldn't eat breakfast and I was afraid they'd be hungry until lunch. The drop off seemed to go well. By the looks on their faces, they were in complete shock. And if I didn't feel bad enough, they started saying, "I want to go home." Next I had to drop Mallory off in her classroom. She reacted just how I thought she would - fine! She started playing with toys and never looked back to me. I just knew she'd be the easiest. After I left I ran a few errands and went home to clean. I thought about them all day and decided to pick them up 30 minutes early. I stopped in Mallory's room first and found all three sitting together. The teachers told me that throughout the day the twins wanted to visit with Mallory. Besides looking a little teary eyed, the report they write out each day said that they did very well considering it was their first day. The hardest part was nap time because they don't usually nap at home. I asked them if they wanted to come back tomorrow and they said yes so I figured the second day would be a piece of cake. I wasn't aware that the second day is the hardest of all because they realize they are staying. Drop off wasn't as easy but I figured they'd settle down after a few minutes. I called about an hour later and they were taking turns crying. The problem was one was setting the other off. And to my surprise, Hillary was always the first to cry. I gave it some time and called back after nap time. They wouldn't eat any lunch or snack, refused to participate in an art project and refused to even sit on the nap mat. Needless to say, I got off the phone and went to the nearest store for chips, cookies and coloring books. I picked them up two hours early and they were walking around the classroom with their jackets on. And what do you think Mallory was doing? Having a great time! So their next day isn't until next Wednesday and I've spent the last two days second guessing myself. I knew this would be hard on them but I didn't realize it was going to be so hard on me. They say it could take weeks before they begin to feel comfortable. I took a few pictures their first morning.
Happy Halloween
9 years ago


1 comments:
Jeannie,
I'm not looking forward to the first few weeks when I send Alexandria to preschool. She's on quite a few waiting lists. I can't imagine how hard it is for you. Hopefully next week is much easier on them...and you.
Marise
Post a Comment