Ingredients
1 2 1/2-pound piece beef tenderloin, well trimmed, meat cut into 2x1x1/2 inch strips
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
1 pound small button mushrooms, thickly sliced
1 cup canned beef broth
2 tablespoons Cognac
3/4 cup crème fraîche or whipping cream
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
12 ounces wide egg noodles
1 tablespoon paprika
Preparation
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped shallots and sauté until tender, scraping up browned bits, about 2 minutes. Add button mushrooms. Sprinkle with pepper and sauté until liquid evaporates, about 12 minutes. Add beef broth, then Cognac. Simmer until liquid thickens and just coats mushrooms, about 14 minutes. Stir in crème fraîche and Dijon mustard. Add meat and any accumulated juices from baking sheet. Simmer over medium-low heat until meat is heated through but still medium-rare, about 2 minutes. Stir in chopped dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain. Transfer to bowl. Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Divide noodles among plates. Top with beef and sauce. Sprinkle generously with paprika.
Annmarie, I figured this was a lot easier than me telling you over the phone. I hope you like it!
8 comments:
you really make me laugh...tasty tuesday on a friday.
I tried this recipe tonight and I can attest to the fact that it was SOOOOOO delicious.
I even modified the ingredients a bit, mainly by using a random cut of beef and also by using marsala wine instead of the alcohol which i don't have on hand.
Derek loved it too. I will definitely keep this one on hand to make again!
maybe try chicken breast next time.
katie
Fagettabout da beef...yous need a new post!
if i have to look at beef stroganoff one more time i might slit my beef stroganoff!
POST PLEASE! if i come here and see this stinkin entry again i'm cracking skulls
nuffa bout da beef!
Is your camera broken?!?!?!
are your fingers broken?
Post a Comment