It's been pretty quiet around here. Nothing too blog worthy. The girls were home with me all week. For the past two years, I was working three days throughout the week and Saturdays. But I'll be home now during the week and will work just Saturdays. A question people often ask me (when they see or hear how close in age the girls are) is, "How do you do it?" And I usually answer by saying that they are pretty quiet kids, even at home, or that I have a lot of help, which is true - thanks Nana Rich and Nana Marie! But I'm just now realizing that the truth is, I was getting a break three days a week. That helps a lot! So needless to say, I was nervous to see how this transition would go on the kids, but more so myself. Everyone made it through the first week in once piece. It's amazing how much you can accomplish around the house in one week when you have the time. No more feeling like I'm constantly trying to keep up with work and the house. I could get used to this. Let's just hope all the weeks to come are as quiet as the last. Grocery shopping, a farm, the park - it's nice getting to spend time like this with the kids.
I was trying to get a nice shot of the girls together. But without fail, someone had to strike a pose!
I was trying to get a nice shot of the girls together. But without fail, someone had to strike a pose!
So I'll settle for this...
or this...
8 comments:
Your kids are full of energy.They are wicked cute. Good luck being home all week. : )
i love the posed pics. so funny.,
i thought the girls didnt want to dress the same anymore?
cant wait to see halloween pics!
A great big HOORAY to the Maxwell Girls! Auntie ♥'s you sooooo much, you always make me smile!!!!
Gotta love a pose!haha. I love Mallory's eyes shut smile...and pigtails, so cute. That's awesome you feel like you have more time to get things done and that the girls transitioned well...more time with mom is always a good thing! Come visit!
Enjoy your time home. We have years and years to work later. I actually wanted to go back to work and now I would love to be home everyday.
p.s. I was thinking the same thing about the girls outfits, no more being different???
Yeah, we had some minor scuffles in the Maxwell house. A lot of "That's not fair!" and "Why does she get that?" So we take it day by day. If they like the others outfit, we change and there's no fighting. Especially when hooded sweatshirts with pockets are involved. That's a major hot ticket item in this house!
tell me about it! being a stay-at-home mom is a job that never ends! i think the gov't should pay us for this...it's really the toughest job in the world! but definately worth every second.
LOL about the hooded sweatshirts w/ pockets...I can just hear them fighting about who gets it. I tell you, these girls are ALL GIRL and there's another one on the way. GOOD LUCK! They are as dramatic as Mommy...we should all be very scared! ;)
By golly, I love these kids!
Post a Comment