Wow! After a two month blog hiatus, I'm back. I wasn't even going to post today but I'm pretty sure if I don't update, the blog would officially be over forever. Sure, like everyone else, we were busy with the holidays. But more than that, I could not sit and form a complete sentence. I've been having trouble reading too. Normally, I would put the kids down and read while they fell asleep and late into the night. But for months I've been starting one book after another, only to read 2 or 3 chapters, and I could not remember for the life of me what I had read the night before. I think I may have finally snapped out of this funk. I just finished a book in 3 nights and it was great! Although, I have no idea what it was called, so I may not be out of the woods just yet. I blame it all on the pregnancy. The over-in-34-days pregnancy! It is unbelievable to me (and Jay) that in 34 days we'll have another baby. It is the single most exciting thing ever to deliver a baby - for the Rich family anyway : ) That may be why little Rosalie will be the 21st grandchild on my side!
But I also have to be realistic and prepare myself. It's almost like a freight train that is coming, speeding ahead, whether you're ready or not. Our family is growing from 5 to 6 and the dynamics will never be the same. For the first few months, it is going to be a lot of hard work and sleepless nights. Hopefully the insomnia I've battled with this entire pregnancy is preparing me for the few hours of broken sleep that I'm going to get. But I can't wait to see her! What will she look like? Who will she be? I imagine her with curly hair. Either way, I know she'll have a lot of hair because I have the heartburn day and night to prove it. And dimples! She has to have the Maxwell dimples. I just love them.
The girls are pretty excited too. They argue daily over who will hold her first when they meet her. I'm anxious to see Mallory's reaction. She's definitely battling her own baby blues. She desperately wants to be a baby again - my baby. She's been crying, talking and crawling like a baby for months. Some days she says she never wants to see Rosalie and other days, like at my doctor's appointment yesterday, she's asking to take the baby out right now. I'll leave you with a sweet picture of Mallory and her "baby Rosalie" sleeping in bed together. She confiscated Rosalie's onsie that says, "I'm the little sister" and has her doll wearing it. Sweet, huh? You'd never know by looking at the picture, that only hours earlier, she told me she'd like to put Rosalie in the trash. We may have our work cut out for us more than we know!
14 comments:
Yay you're back! How we've missed your blog. I can't believe that in a month Rosalie will be here! Mallory is so funny. She's going to love her lil sis though. I hope you're feeling well! We can't wait to see pics of the baby :)
do you have a name all picked out??
don't worry. i will come over with casseroles and arms to hold little rosalie. we'll let you take a nap while the kids destroy the house.
you're alive! we missed you!
can't say I blame you, you've got your hands full and you're preggo. a well-deserved break from blogland.
i can't wait to see what this lil one looks like, i bet like mal.
Great post! We missed you! I am sure it will be hard with the new baby but think of all you have done so far - you figured out how to manage 3 kids, house and work so I am sure you'll figure this out too! Easy for me to say with only two kids though!
~Jackie
I love my Maxwell girls and can't wait to love on another one!
♥ all of you sooooo much!
xoxo
okay color me dumb. i see the baby to be's name will be rosalie :)
nice!
I really can't believe you are going to have 4 little girls. : )
i think rosalie will look like a lil garden gnome.
That picture is adorable. I can't believe you're due date is so close. It seems like just your blog said you were pregnant. Well I say that if Rosalie has curly hair..you should give her my name too. :) Hope to talk to you soon!
Happy to see a new post! I am not one to talk, I suck at blogging lately. My camera is broke so mine will be few and far between.
I can't wait for my new niece! I will be down to steal the other three when she arrives so you can have some time alone with the Rosalie. That's what I found the hardest, not the baby so much it was taking care of all rest the same time.
Whoa! you're back! That was a great read. I love that little rascal, mal - the picture is so cute. Can't wait to see Rosalieeeeee!!! I'm coming to your house this week, probably Thursday, k? Call me
I'm going to try this again... I tried it the other night but it didn't post. This blog reminded me of when Mal was born and Nana Marie and I went brought the twins in to see her and they wanted no part of it. They were crawling down the hospital hall turning back and pointing at us... they were not happy about the new baby but I look at them now and they are GREAT big sisters and I know that Mal will be too!
I can't wait to meet Rosalie!!!
Love you all,
Amy
you asked where my baby countdown ticker was....for the life of me, i cant figure out how to make one. i have thought they are so cute for all 3 kids and each time i try to do it, it's such a pain, i stop.
haha! so if there is someone out there that can give me the code for may 1 baby, great! email is lepf@comcast.net
haha!!!!
i hope you are feeling good! i just posted on my blog my irritation of the day...dont mess w a prego lady
Post a Comment