1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love wrapping paper! I have a roll of the most beautiful paper I've ever seen and I use just a little bit every year for my most special gifts. I never want it to run out! Would it be insane to ask the recipient for the used paper back? That's how much I love it!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real unfortunately. Every year I say I'm going to buy an artificial tree in the days after Christmas, when they are really cheap, and I never do. I'm not a fan of the mess the real trees make and I tend to kill them every single year.
3. When do you put up the tree? If I could find one near me, I'd put it up today. I decorated my entire house yesterday and the carols are already on repeat! I've decided to just skip over Thanksgiving from now on.
4. When do you take the tree down? A few days after Christmas. Not fun!
5. Do you like eggnog? I think so. It wouldn't be Christmas without having at least one cup.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Karaoke machine. I was about 12. A few years ago, I found a recording from the machine and let's just say...I won't be trying out for American Idol.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Either my Dad, because his birthday falls the day after Christmas - two gifts, or Jay because he'll tell you he DOES NOT WANT A SINGLE THING. Then he cries like a baby that he didn't get just what he wanted. I wonder if he's reading this?
8. Easiest person to buy for? The kids.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes! Jay got me the Demdaco Angel Nativity set and it is beautiful. I really, really love it.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I love giving and receiving them.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I'm pretty easy to buy for. If I can wear/carry it or if it's at all glittery - I'm happy!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Holiday - HANDS DOWN! Guilty to admit it's one of my favorite movies of all time. I can watch it over and over again!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? About two weeks before. I am awful. But I think I work better under short time constraints.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? None that I can remember.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Stuffing. I love all kinds of stuffing and this year I can eat it until my hearts content.
16. Lights on the tree? Definitely white.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Driving Home for Christmas by Chris Rea. Hearing it gives me that magical Christmas feeling and I've already been playing it on repeat.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? My Mom's and Annmarie's on Christmas Eve and off to the Maxwell's Christmas Day.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I alternate from year to year depending on how we decorate the tree.
21. Presents on Christmas Eve or morning? PJ's on Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Nothing until the dreaded days after when everything needs to be packed away for another year.
23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? I definitely have a theme each year and enjoy making it look pretty. As the years pass we'll use the handmade ornaments from the kids (we don't really have any yet).
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I just like all the appetizers.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I love new pajamas and slippers. Something I always look forward to. I am so turning into Mam!
Merry Christmas - 41 more days!
Happy Halloween
9 years ago
5 comments:
I feel like the Scrooge. To me it's more of a pain in the ass. Maybe once I decorate I'll feel different.
Oh, I also forgot you got the Demdanco angel set. Lucky you, but Jay may take it back after he reads what you wrote about him!haha!
I love reading these. It puts me right in the Christmas spirit.
~Jackie
That was CUTE!
I missed you today...date tomorrow @ noon?
Waiting for Part II...
I just saw your post on Mary's page and I remembered I had a dream about you the other night. I don't remember what was happening but I do remember a lot of little girls in the dream. We were in my bed room and we were talking. Kind of funny. : )
How are you feeling these day?
Post a Comment