Saturday, June 27, 2009

135 days!

I'm proud to announce that I'm not fourteen months pregnant (that due date ticker has been staring me in the face for over four months!) and she was in fact delivered on February 12, 2009! My almost-Valentine's Day baby!
Here's our newest bundle of joy,
Rosalie Helene Maxwell
Man, does time fly! Aside from a bump in the road at 5 weeks (her RSV may be a blog post on its own), Rosalie has been a dream baby.
Fun facts:
  • she was born on her Godfather, Uncle Matt Service's birthday!
  • she is by far my largest baby, falling into the 90% percentile for height at her last appointment
  • she is a great traveler, and with three big sisters, appointments and schedules - she has to be
  • she is a Rosalie to me. I tried Rosa, Rosie and Rose but none sound right. So Rosalie it is...or Dolly, Rosebud or Rosie Posie Pudding Pie...I'm sure she'll put an end to those last two. To Mallory she is and has been for four months, Rosie, period!
  • she has been sleeping through the night for a few weeks now
  • she does a little "dance" already that is THE CUTEST THING EVER (OK, some may not agree that she's dancing but she's genius to me! I will post a video!)
  • I may have finally gotten a little munchkin that resembles me! It only took four tries. I will have to post a baby picture of myself because I think it's remarkable. Although, in that last picture, her half/side-smile is looking an awful lot like Jay!
  • One not-so-fun fact is she is impossible to get down for a nap! She needs to lay a certain way with a blanket over her head and it must be quiet. With three big sisters, that last part can be tricky. I sometimes even mouth words to people while she is going down for a nap. But a sleeping baby is a good thing!

I have plenty to update about all of the Maxwell girls but Rosalie deserved a post of her own. She is a super happy, content and funny baby and it feels like she has been around from the start. We love you!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I ♥ Rosalie! I can never get enough of that hair bear!
She's one happy, funny, smart baby!

Glad she got a post of her own!
xoxo

Mary S. said...

She is so adorable and the baby with the most hair. I think she is the last of the Rich grandchildren too.
Love you Rosalie!

Jenn said...

Ahhhhh! Finally! I've been waiting for the day when you would blog again with much anticipation. Great post on the little munchkin...not an easy task when it's been so long! She is so adorable and such a happy baby. She does totally look like a mini jeannie : )