Prior to summer, Jay decided he would take a couple of Mondays off for day trips. We couldn't decide where to go this morning and settled on just getting in the car and stopping when we saw something good. We ended up at Old Orchard Beach in Maine and it turned out to be a great day (aside from the rainy weather.) We parked the car and headed to a "paint your own pottery" shop. It was such a nice experience. The twins chose tiara piggy banks to paint and Mallory got a good old piece of white paper. They picked out their paint colors and went to town. It surprised me how long it held their interest. They just kept painting and painting until the colors eventually mixed together. I didn't get a picture of their finished masterpiece but it will be arriving in the mail within the week (it still needed to be fired.) The girls loved it and we had so much fun watching them. Next, we had a picnic on the beach with our lunch we packed from home. It was nice until it started pouring and we had to run for cover. The rain did die down and we managed to sneak a few rides in before leaving. Natalie just hit the height requirement and I was amazed at how brave they both were. The last ride they went on was basically a roller coaster but kid-size. It was so cute to see them let go of their fears and have so much fun.




On a side note, this morning before leaving, we were singing The Wheels on the Bus. When I said the babies on the bus go...both girls shouted, "wah, wah, wah." Well on the way home Hillary was having a fit because she wanted out of her seat. She started whining, "Mommy, I want to get out of my seat...wah, wah wah..." Only she was really crying while saying it. I've heard it a couple of times since so I'm pretty sure she's regressed to crying wah, wah, wah when she wants something. I hope this doesn't stick!
Happy Halloween
9 years ago
6 comments:
what a nice family day...
jay is such a great Dad.
Looks like fun!!!
Auntie Katie
What a great idea, painting pottery. We'll have to try it.
Very funny about Hillary...wah!
Wait until I get my hands on her! These kids are scary-funny!
Auntie Kelli xo
haha mum actually did try it!!
she went yesterday... wow.
anyways,
those are some very cute pics. =]
new post please...
hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!! i can't beleive you were in MAINE...lol. next time you guys come to maine, let me know and maybe our girls can meet!! i am only about an hour from old orchard, i would have loved to meet up with you! your girls are adorable!!! very funny about hillary! my girls love that song, but haven't tried that yet....lol
need a new posting
wah
wah
wah
Post a Comment