Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Binky Guilt

After reading Katie and Kelly's posts on losing the binky, I felt compelled to create a post myself. I'll admit, I felt inspired, but that lasted about 10 seconds. I title this post binky guilt because I am ashamed to admit that I love her binky just as much as she does (by she, I mean Mallory, the twins never used one and I strongly feel that that was the way to go - but too late)! She doesn't have a favorite doll or blanket, just a binky, and many of them. The one and only thing that soothes her like nothing else can. I fear the day of losing her binky so much that I haven't even let my mind wander to what that day may be like. And I'll keep buying them like I did last week and we'll keep frantically searching for them when she is on a tirade. My only saving grace is that she will take any make or model ever created, which has come in handy in many other houses. So for now I'll she'll keep it and we'll concentrate on other things, like the twins using the potty. That should be an entirely separate post, because they deserve a post dedicated to how amazing they are doing. One and a half weeks...in underwear...no accidents - and hopefully never looking back!

14 comments:

Katie said...

hey whatever works...or should i say, whatever gets you through the day!

Anonymous said...

HALLELUJAH
JEANNIE'S FINGERS ARE INTACT!

Anonymous said...

You know what I'd like to see really bad...a beef stroganoff recipe. Now that would be great!

Anonymous said...

Where's the beef?!?!

Lisa said...

hey...i would love to get together... any day is fine for us. Do you want to do it next week? Where do you want to meet? You guys could come here if you want, i know that's kinda far for you though. Just let me know.

Anonymous said...

No, it's really not a problem to come down. E-mail me at jeanniemaxwell@hotmail.com and we'll figure it out. Monday or Tuesday works.
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

auntie jelly belly loves these maxwell girls!

XOXO
smoochie love

Are You Serious! said...

That's great, no accidents. In a couple of months it'll be time to potty train my youngest. The worst part is that I just potty trained my twins... So not my favorite part!

I've only had one child like the binky and she actually gave it up rather well. :)

Are You Serious! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelli said...

Lordy, Lordy Jeannie is BBBAAACCCKKK!!!!!

Mary S. said...

Happy to see you back! Where the hell have you been? I'm not ready for Brooke's binky to be gone yet either. I'll get rid of it soon but I'm in no rush yet!
I'm so proud of you girls!Make sure Mommy gets you some cute bloomers!

Kelly said...

I was in no rush also. Jeannie , I felt like you. It was when I realized she is almost 3 I should maybe TRY...It worked. WOOHOO. Your day will come when all is ready. Can't wait for the potty training post. That is my next step.....

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Where's da comeback, thought you'd do better than Britany?!?!

Anonymous said...

Bad blogger!
Bad blogger!
Do you need a spankin'?

KJC