So today was a first for our girls. We went to the movie theater! It's been something I've wanted to do with the twins for a while now and lately they seem to be able to sit for longer periods of time. The question was Mallory. Could she really sit for 60 minutes and not make us regret bringing her? She was actually pretty good. I'd say 40 minutes into it, she was playing in front of our feet, spilling drinks, rummaging through my purse. Only until the very end did I have to remove her to the hall so she wouldn't ruin it for everyone else. The twins loved it! They sat the entire time, eating Goobers and popcorn, with their eyes glued to the screen. And the movie was adorable. The only downside was this one character that the twins were completely scared of. Everytime he would come on the screen, Natalie would ask to go home. When we got home I read some reviews and one site said, "But the Grizzle character (think of a Teddy Ruxpin head on a Transformer) and his evil-doer antics -- including kidnapping and threatening to the bears to "crush their specialness" -- could give kids a scare." HA Auntie Katie got a kick out of the fact that their biggest problem/fear in their world is a mean looking teddy bear in a Care Bears movie. So I'd say the day was a success. I'll be sure to post pictures tomorrow.
Happy Halloween
9 years ago
6 comments:
Cute! My girls love care bears too...
I love this post.
The best part was your quoted movie review...nuf said. I am cracking up.
I want to go to the movies but I think I will have to remove my child after 10 minutes.
Way to go twins! Way to go Mal! Life is your oyster. This is just the beginning. You are big grizl--- I mean girls now!
Hi Girls!
Don't worry, Auntie will punch Grizzle Bear right in the nose!
Love you all!
Auntie Kelli
Glad they had fun, I remember lexi's first trip to the movies, as soon as the lights went out she wanted to go home but as soon as the movie came on she liked it, although she had to be sitting on someone's lap.
How did you get that heart in the title? Very cool!
so cute! andrew has gone to the movies 3x i think (bee movie, shrek and maybe one more) but we havent taken patrick. i am sure he would find food on the floor and eat it. he is like that!
Post a Comment