Sunday, February 24, 2008

Only Mall

Have you ever been lost in thought,
while driving down a dark highway,
only to feel a hand grab your arm,
and suddenly you see a twenty pound body hop into the passenger seat next to you?


Once again Mallory has proven herself a force to be reckoned with. Thank god for rest stops.

**Edit: Thought I would clear up a few questions that were asked. Mallory slid her buckles down and stood up in her seat (I know this because after I put her kicking and screaming back into the seat and continued on, she tried to escape while I was watching.) Although, I must admit I have forgotten to buckle them in their seats each once! This was not the case this time, this was all Mallory! And I was stopped while this picture was taken. HA it almost looks as if I were still driving. **

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this kid but oh my god, that must have scared the crap out of you!She is going to keep you on your toes!
Love you Mallory but please stay in your seat!

Are You Serious! said...

Oh wow that would have scared me to death! Especially when you "think" your kids are all buckled up... Mine like to escape as well.

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha
this is hilarious!

Lisa said...

i would have pmp...she's a lil escape artist!! Gotta love a girl who can't be tied down!!!

Katie said...

This post made me smile.

REALLY,

and the answer is no. Rex just never made it to the front seat!But I am ASHAMED to admit I did drive all the way home from Maine once, we pulled in our driveway and I noticed Rex was in the seat but not buckled in! It happens to every Mom once I think.
Did she do this yourself or did u space it?

Mallory is so cute, so funny. This is why blogging is priceless. You will have this memory forever now, and a pic to prove it!

Kelli said...

Okay, it's official...
this kid is N-U-T-S!
We've always had a hunch and now we know.
LOCK HER UP!!!

Love you Mall, stay in your seat, that's dangerous...and where were the twins? No one told on her?!?!

Mom of 3 Boys said...

It does happen to everyone I think. I have driven with the kids unbuckled by mistake too. Luckily AJ tells me now if I ever almost forget!

And yes Jeannie I am getting 2 rooms in attic: spare bedroom and scraproom. I am excited and hope it will be done soon!

Lisa said...

I am ashamed to say when tayla was very small and still in the infant carseat I buckled her into the carseat but forgot to buckle the carseat in! I felt terrible and cried, convinced I should have my baby taken away till a few friends told me they have all done it. I guess it's a rite of passage (not a safe one though)

Erin said...

i love it! i love it! i love it! best blog in a long time. maybe better than that stroganoff recipe

Anonymous said...

Where's da beef?

Mary S. said...

Pulling a Britney!haha!

The Lizardo Family said...

Well I have to admit I forgot to buckle Alexandria a time or two and I'm sure it will happen with Clayson some day. Alexandria remindes me if I forget now. She use to try to take her arms out of her seat but never got all the way out. Mallory is very smart!!