Well it was inevitable. I knew this day would come, I just had no idea when.
.
Natalie and Hillary have decided that they do not want to dress alike anymore.
With the exception of holidays and functions, of course! I had to hold onto something!
.
Gone are the days where I can grab 3 matching outfits out of the drawer. I mean it definitely had its advantages and was too cute! But it couldn't have come at a better time. Being pregnant and all, it will save me some time and laundry-management skills - having all the right sizes clean at the same time.
.
It was ironic that when I dropped the girls off at school (in their very different outfits), the director informed me that they would be moving up to the 4's classroom that day! The girls were excited that they would join some classmates that had already transitioned from the 3's and that they would have two new teachers! When I arrived for pickup, the director pulled me aside to let me know that they were concerned for the last hour or so that I wouldn't remember where to pick them up, so they were very happy to see me. I talked with the teacher for a bit and mentioned that this was the first day that they weren't in identical outfits. She laughed and said that may be why Hillary pulled her aside at one point to say, "We're different you know." The teacher then told her that everyone is different and Hillary replied, "But me and Natalie are different people." Mrs C. said that she could tell she would be challenged by these two - they are very smart! We celebrated with Happy Meals on the way home. And there were plenty of pictures taken.
They also demanded different shoes for the day, opposite Happy Meals and to have separate pictures taken. Now I just have to explain that while it's good to be different, they don't need to ditch each other altogether. But watching them walk into the 4's holding hands tells me that these two do need each other - when it's most important! ♥
12 comments:
It's sweet and sad at the same time. I cannot believe they are already 4.
OMG Jeannie...I aggree with Mary..Very cute and sad at the same time...I enjoyed seeing you all the other day..Monday at my house???
I can't believe how they are taking the separation to the extreme! Baby steps for Mommy's sake!haha!
wow that was a really good post
the miracle babies are all grown up now
i love it!!! they are coming into their own!
love u girls.
miss u lots.
OMG Jeannie you had me with a tear at the end of that! great post and so true!!
It is bittersweet...and you captured it so nicely.
~Jackie
What is it about these two kids that brings tears to my eyes?!?!
I think maybe b/c they are such little miracles and both are so much wiser than their years.
I love you girls SOOOO much!
xoxo
mary had it....sweet and sad at the same time. it is great for them though. i am sure twins deal with things that we can't relate.
I thought I was the only weirdo who got teary eyed from this post so I didn't write it! We're all insane!haha!
You aren't the only one Mary, I totally got choked up! And I heven't even met them! The girls are beautiful Jeannie!
awww...so cute. I can't believe how big they are...they want their independance.
oh no more matching clothes!
andrew just turned 4 also and he is such a big boy helper now. i like the 4's. haha
Post a Comment